Monday, July 19, 2010

One Week Ago...

One week ago today, Jamie went into labor.  This week has not gone as planned!

Jamie and I had a rather frustrating day at the hospital to begin with.  It seemed as though things were not really progressing.  Several of the key people involved with Charity were off for the weekend, so we went into today needing answers.

Luckily, we spoke with the doctor pretty early in the day.  The end of the story is that when they can figure out how to make Charity poop at home - which could entail Jamie and I cleaning out her poo hole - we can take her home.  They are trying to figure out the frequency of the clean outs.

Earlier in the morning, the surgeon stopped by to do a little test at Charity's bedside.  While he was there, he tried to work on the obstruction Charity has.  As the day went on, it seemed to work.  Charity passed 2 stools today on her own before we left at 9 tonight!!!  If she goes again tonight and a few times tomorrow, she should be home in no time at all!!  Jamie and I are both so excited about the possibility!

In the mean time, Charity is eating very well.  Jamie has been trying to nurse, but Charity hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.  We had a nurse who was trained in breastfeeding try to help us tonight which was a big help.  Charity is back to suntanning.  There isn't a real need for it, but the doctor just wanted to do a little more for her.

Basically, we are in a "wait and see" mode.  I am hoping that the next entry I write will be about her coming home on her original due date - July 20th.

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.  You have no idea how much they mean to all of us.  Please keep on Praying for Poop!

3 comments:

  1. Nursing is so hard at first - and that's under "normal" circumstances! I don't want Jamie to become discouraged because I know she really wants to nurse.

    Charity WILL figure it out - just keep trying, Jamie!

    I hope everything is going well today! We're excited to meet your little girl and see you two again.

    The praying for poop continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bonnie. I felt so discouraged at times in the beginning... sure was a lot harder than I imagined. Don't get discouraged!
    We continue to keep you all in our prayers!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is going well and my family and myself will keep all three of you in our prayers.

    Praying for more poop,

    Becky L

    ReplyDelete