Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update

I'm sorry I didn't update earlier, but the computer I took to the hospital wasn't liking the internet there a whole lot.  I am taking a different computer tomorrow, so hopefully I can update earlier.

Today started out to be a pretty normal day until the doctor came in to give Charity an examine to find out something about her inner booty (and I don't mean beauty).  Your Prayers for Poop are working!!!!  As he was trying to put the probe in her, he noticed an obstruction.  He used his finger to get a better feel for things and noticed something was partially blocking her poo hole.  With his finger, Charity's stool came flowing out.  I was never so happy to see poop in all my life!!!  

The test he was going to do today, will be done tomorrow instead, but the doctor - who is a surgeon looking at her x-rays - seems to think that the surgery I posted about earlier probably will not be necessary.  For now, Charity is going to be receiving enemas and a probe to help the poop keep coming.  There will be a colonoscopy ordered this weekend or early next week to see what the deal is.  It is soft, so they don't believe it is a bone structure at all.

We don't know exactly what all this means, but, for now, it is looking like Hirschsprungs Disease is not likely.  This could be something that will simply be stretched into shape or it may require a much less evasive surgery.  It is still too early to tell, but Jamie and I are ecstatic that we saw poop and that it appears to be something that may keep Charity away from us for a few days instead of a few weeks.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and Poop Prayers.  Please keep them coming!!!  The more brown we see, the sooner our daughter can come home and meet everyone!!

Here is a clip from earlier (I know that not everyone may look at it, but I am a proud daddy, so what else would you expect?).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Charlie and Jamie! We are so very happy for you and that lovely baby with soooo much hair (and now POOP!) We can't wait to meet baby Charity! Take care of yourselves! We love you all very much! ~The "GILMORE GIRLS"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so GREAT! I'm thrilled to hear she's doing better and progressing in less evasive ways (relatively speaking). I am so happy for you guys.

    Getting to be home with your baby is the best feeling in the world - and it sounds like you're a lot closer to it!

    ReplyDelete