Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4

It usually isn't a good sign when I start using the day count as the title for these posts.

This is Charity's fourth day in the hospital.  When the surgeons made there rounds earlier today, they said that they were concerned about Charity's bottom.  It is red and there is a small infection.  The informed us that she will be receiving antibiotics via a PICC line (basically a long term IV) for the next 5-7 days.  That means that the earliest Charity will be able to taste fresh air will be next Monday.  She is still resting comfortably and doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Jamie and I have hunkered down in her room and are doing fine.  We are working out a schedule today in order to stay busy while she is sleeping.  I have requested the rest of the week off of work to be here and I think Jamie has pretty much decided to move in a little more than me as I tend to leave our 16 walls (Yes, I counted.  There are 16 walls in our room not counting the interior bathroom wall.  Lots of angles.) a little more often than she does.  Charity and I are both so lucky to have her here.

Thank you once again for all of your thoughts and prayers.  Once Charity is out, we should be good to go.

CB

No comments:

Post a Comment