Monday, August 30, 2010

Lucky

Charity is still doing fine.  She hasn't had any more touches of fever.  As long as that stays away, all is good.

I titled this entry lucky because that is how we all feel.  We have been so touched by all of the love and support you all have given us.  Today we finally got a chance to go home for a bit and found a package that contained a beautiful quilt given to us by our friend Kim.  Another friend, Bonnie, was kind enough to include us on her blog which I am sure will lead to more prayers and thoughts headed our way.  (The more the better.)  We have had so many Facebook messages to help support us along the way as well.

I tear up when I think about my coworkers.  They have all been so wonderful.  It has truly felt like my coworkers have been family members.  I am especially touched to have Jean and Janice as coworkers.  We work on the same team and they have both been so wonderful.  Before we had Charity, they threw a great shower for us at work.  Since we have had her, they have been even more wonderful.  I was dreading planning for this week.  I don't know my students all that well yet and I have no idea what will work with them and what will not.  Janice (Auntie Janice to Charity) and Jean actually took time out to plan for me.  You have no idea how much that has meant.  When Jean sent me a text saying that everything was planned, I felt like a weight was taken off of my shoulders.  Thank you to you both!!

I also want to thank Sandy, our 5th and 6th grade counselor and her husband Chris.  Sandy has been so supportive every step of the way.  Chris has been doing a great job subbing for me and even helped plan for my students.  I feel so much better knowing that he is there with my kids.

I want to once again thank EVERYONE for their thoughts, prayers, and support.  I am tearing up right now as I am writing this thinking about everything everyone has done for us.  Preparing meals, calling us, checking our blog, and writing on our Facebook page have all meant a great deal to us.  I don't want to leave anyone out, but it would be impossible to thank everyone by name.  Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue to keep you in ours.  I am sorry if I did not mention you by name, but that does not mean that we don't appreciate you.  We appreciate everyone of you!!!

Thank you again!!

CB

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear Charity's fever is gone. I hope she will be able to come home soon. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

    PS Mr. K has things under control at school.
    Peggy Malott

    ReplyDelete